One of Catherine's favorite book for the last 2 years has been Sesame Street's The Perils of Penelope. It is a story about Bert and Ernie. Bert is dressed up as Penelope whose always the 'damsel in distress'. Meanwhile, Ernie is always the hero.
Ernie - "Fear not Penelope! I will save you!"
Bert/Penelope - " Why do I always have to be Penelope?"
Catherine always thought it was hilarious and she would even make us read the inside of the covers!!! Personally I dreaded the nights that she chose The Perils of Penelope, but evidently Ken (my husband) loved to read it. Regardless, it is a cute book. I think that this book is a large reason why she enjoyed watching Sesame Street on Saturday and Sunday mornings. She always wanted to see what adventures Bert and Ernie went on.
Well, tonight I wish I could read this book to her again and I can't help wondering what great adventures we are missing out on. Good night sweet girl, you are missed.

For some reason the picture did not link. Here is a link to the picture -
ReplyDeletehttp://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/File:Book.penelope.jpg