Friday, January 8, 2010

Snowmen at Night


Book - Snowmen at Night
Author - Caralyn Bueher
Age - 3-7

Given our recent recent weather it only makes sense to talk about a book that focus's on snow!!! I loved to read Snowmen at Night to Catherine. It answers the question that kids wonder - what do our toys, creations, etc do at night? Kind of along the lines of The Teddy Bear Picnic or Toy Story - what do our toys do when we are not around? The narrator, a young boy, wonders why his snowman looks a bit different in the morning.

He imagines what they do at night from sledding down a hill, drinking ice cold cocoa, playing baseball with snowballs, and the worlds biggest snowball fight!! It is amazingly cute. I was feeling sad tonight, so I read it to Ford my 2 year old. He loved it just like his big sissy.

Catherine was never able to play in the snow or build a snowman. However, I am sure that she would have wondered the same thing as the little boy in the this book. I think that this books helps children to really use their imagination and isn't that what books are suppose to do?

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment